- Salary band: Officer Grade 2 – $55,000+ (depending on experience) plus superannuation and other benefits, including FBT, salary packaging and a flexible working environment.
Are you a talented communicator with a flair for producing content and a passion for women’s rights? Join our communications team and help us ensure the voices of women living in poverty around the world are heard.
ActionAid Australia is a women’s rights organisation, working to advance the rights of women living in poverty in communities around the world. ActionAid works in more than 45 countries. ActionAid Australia’s offices are located in Sydney, a 5-minute walk from Central Station.
About the role
The Communications Officer role is responsible for gathering and producing stories about the women ActionAid works with all over the world, and for communicating these stories to ActionAid’s audiences with content for online and offline channels.
The Communications Officer writes copy for the organisation’s website, supporter emails, social media channels, and print communications, manages the organisation’s content bank and social media channels, and supports staff from across the organisation to contribute to content production.
With the support of the Media and Communications Manager, the Communications Officer project manages the Frocking Hilarious comedy gala fundraising events several times a year.
Skills and competencies required
As the ideal candidate for the role, you’re:
- A communications professional, with two to three years of experience, ideally in rights based organisations or in the not-for-profit sector
- Passionate about women’s rights, and have an understanding of issues that present obstacles to women’s full and free access to their human rights
- Someone who loves to find and tell stories, using everything available to you, including images and video
- Someone with strong writing skills and an ability to produce compelling and convincing copy that you can adapt for different audiences and channels
- Someone with a mind for social content that cuts through the clutter
- An excellent project coordinator with the ability to deliver to deadlines
- Someone with supreme interpersonal and relationship skills
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you can make a difference and be part of the organisation’s success, please email your resume and a cover letter highlighting how you meet the above selection criteria to [email protected]
A detailed position description is available on the ActionAid Australia website: Communications Officer PD 2020
Applications close on 5 February 2020. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer, and is always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one.