Are you experienced in establishing Corporate Partnerships with a passion for women’s rights?
ActionAid Australia is seeking a dynamic Corporate Partnerships Specialist to join the Fundraising team. This newly created role is an opportunity to lead and develop a corporate partnership strategy for the organisation. You will use your corporate partnership experience to build a pipeline of prospects as well as establish and nurture partnerships to drive revenue growth. If you are interested in a role that requires innovative thinking, initiative and creates long-term, transformative impact for women living in poverty, we’d love to hear from you.
Position: CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS SPECIALIST
Position Type: PART TIME (3-4 days)
Salary: $80,000 p.a.(pro rata) plus superannuation and other benefits, including FBT, salary packaging, generous leave provisions and a flexible working environment
ActionAid Australia is a global women’s rights organisation that is part of a federation working in 45 countries to end poverty and injustice. It supports women on the frontlines of injustice overseas and campaigns in Australia to advance climate and economic justice for women, working to shift government policy and corporate practice that undermines the rights of people living in poverty.
ActionAid Australia’s offices are based in Surry Hills, a 5 minute walk from Central Station.
The Corporate Partnerships Specialist will lead the development of a corporate partnerships strategy that aligns with ActionAid’s mission and values and has broad organisational support. The role will build the corporate pipeline and develop new business relationships working with relevant colleagues. The aim of this role is to develop long-term, transformative and impactful partnerships that help us to achieve strategic goals across fundraising, advocacy and brand profile.
As the ideal candidate for the role, you need:
- A commitment to ActionAid’s mission and values, including advancing women’s rights.
- Demonstrated experience of securing six-figure+ corporate-charity partnerships
- Understanding of good practices within business-charity partnerships, ideally within an international development context
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strategic partnerships
- Proactive problem solver who is entrepreneurial, ambitious and target driven and able to create innovative partnership opportunities
- Self-driven with the ability to work co-operatively and flexibly with others, both within and outside the organisation, demonstrating an understanding of effective team working and partnerships
- Experience of successfully building relationships with donors, especially those at a senior level in the business world
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to pitch with confidence and write compelling proposals and donor reports
- Excellent external networking, relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to work respectfully and collaboratively in a cross cultural and international environment with zero tolerance for racism
Other Desirable Skills & Competencies:
- Experience in partnership development within the international development and/or humanitarian work
- Awareness of global sustainability trends and how ActionAid and/or corporate partnerships can respond to these in our engagement approach.
- Experience of brand and marketing partnerships.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database considered an asset.
How to apply:
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you can make a difference and be part of the organisation’s success, please email your application to [email protected] attaching a copy of your resume and a cover letter highlighting how you meet the above selection criteria. Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 19 September 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer, and is always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one. Secondment from other ActionAid offices will be considered.