Reporting to the Individual Giving Manager, the Gifts-in-Wills Specialist will drive the development and growth of the program, by engaging current and prospective supporters, their families and estate executors to increase income
Position: Gifts-in-Wills Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: $85,000+ p.a. (depending on experience) plus superannuation and other benefits, including FBT, salary packaging, generous leave provisions and a flexible working environment.
ActionAid Australia is a global women’s rights organisation that is part of a federation working in 45 countries to end poverty and injustice. It supports women on the frontlines of injustice overseas and campaigns in Australia to advance climate and economic justice for women, working to shift government policy and corporate practice that undermines the rights of people living in poverty.
ActionAid Australia’s offices are based in Pitt St, CBD, a short walk from Martin Place.
The Gifts-in-Wills Specialist is responsible for implementing ActionAid Australia’s bequest fundraising strategy to increase the pipeline and drive growth in confirmed Gifts-in-Wills supporters. The role will also provide leadership within the fundraising team to ensure the program is integrated across appeals, regular giving and philanthropy. The role is also responsible for developing and growing the Mid Value Program to provide a Gift-in-Will pipeline and achieve 3-year growth targets ensuring best practice donor care strategies across Direct Mail and digital channels.
As the ideal candidate for the role, you need:
- A commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission and values, including a passion for fundraising for women’s rights.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in design and delivery of Gift-in-Wills programs, or experience in a fundraising/commercial role demonstrating significant success implementing the principles of both marketing and relationship building components.
- Understanding of the Australian fundraising context with respect to Gift-in-Wills giving.
- Developed relationship skills, including the ability to listen and communicate with sensitivity and tact, and work with confidentiality.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work respectfully and collaboratively in a cross cultural and international environment with zero tolerance for racism.
Other desirable skills and competencies:
- Tertiary degree
- Experience in digital fundraising
- Experience in data analysis for effective planning and performance monitoring.
- Proficiency with Donor/customer databases (Raisers Edge preferred) and Microsoft Office with demonstrated attention to detail applicable to documentation, record-keeping and planning
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you can make a difference and be part of the organisation’s success, please email your application to [email protected], attaching a copy of your resume and a cover letter highlighting how you meet the above selection criteria.
Applications close on 22nd December 2023.
ActionAid Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one.