About this position
Are you passionate about women’s rights and social justice? Do you want to engage and inspire your local community to take action against the policies and systems that oppress women? Are you keen to learn how to campaign and organise to create change?
If yes, then this role is for you!
We’re building a connected, skilled, diverse and vibrant grassroots network that will stand in solidarity with the women we work with around the world, and take action to address the root causes of poverty and injustice through our campaigns.
We want you to be a part of it!
We’re recruiting leaders from the Gold Coast to come together at a one day training on Saturday 20th October to talk about how we can build our grassroots network in the Gold Coast.
As a Community Leader you will lead and establish a community of volunteers that will campaign locally on international women’s rights issues. You’ll be trained in campaigning, community organising and ActionAid’s Human Rights Based Approach.
- Availability on Saturday 20th October to be part of a one day training and planning session.
- A demonstrated commitment to and passion for women’s rights.
- The ability to commit to supporting ActionAid’s projects in your community for at least 3 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months.
- The ability to support the movement remotely, with a computer, mobile phone and access to the internet.
- A commitment to ActionAid’s values.
- A respect for ActionAid’s independence and an ability to work within this ethos.
- A passion for social justice and the role that everyday people can play in achieving a more equitable world.
What we will provide:
- Training in community organising, campaign strategy and ActionAid’s Human Rights based approach.
- A connection with an international movement of supporters who believe in women’s rights and social justice.
- A chance to be part of building ActionAid Australia’s presence and grassroots network from the very outset.
- The knowledge that you’re contributing to a fairer and more equitable world.
How to apply:
Please apply by Wednesday 17th October by filling out this short form and we’ll be in touch soon.
For more information please email Community Organising Manager Liz Hadjia [email protected]
Women, People with a Disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
Please note – even if you don’t match all the criteria, or can’t commit to this particular volunteer position, we still want to hear from you! If you are from Brisbane and want to be involved send us an email and we can put you in touch with our local Brisbane organisers.
This is a voluntary position. ActionAid cannot provide any compensation for this position. We will reimburse pre-approved expenses.