Head of Resource Mobilisation
ActionAid Australia is looking to recruit a Head of Resource Mobilisation to join its Leadership Team. This position provides strategic and operational leadership of the organisation’s fundraising and resource mobilisation strategy and team, driving innovation in new funding streams and ensuring data driven decision making. It is also actively engaged in the ActionAid International federation contributing to a global fundraising community of practice and strategic conversations around long term financing and income growth. The ideal candidate will be passionate about social justice with proven team leadership and fundraising experience, as well as having exceptional communications and relationship building skills.
ActionAid Australia is a global women’s rights organisation, working to advance the rights of women living in poverty and exclusion in communities around the world. ActionAid works in more than 45 countries.
The Head of Resource Mobilisation is a member of the ActionAid Australia (AAA) Leadership Team and plays a key role in expanding the organisations’ resources and increasing the flexibility of AAA’s funding model in order to maximize our impact and deliver on AAA’s strategy, Women’s Leadership for Global Justice.
Key objectives for the role are to:
- To provide strategic and operational leadership of the organisation’s fundraising and resource mobilization strategy and implementation plan to achieve year on year income growth
- To drive innovation in new income and resource mobilization streams and ensure data-driven performance and sound investment strategies
- To manage the fundraising and resource mobilization team in line with feminist leadership principles, AAA’s values, Team Charter and HR policies and practices
This role has budget and financial management responsibilities.
As the ideal candidate for the role, you will meet the following key skills and competencies:
- Passionate about women’s rights and social justice
- Substantial fundraising experience (7 years +) with a track record in managing high performing fundraising teams
- Proven experience developing successful fundraising strategies and monitoring performance
- Strategic understanding of current trends and developments in NGO fundraising and resource mobilization, preferably within the international development or campaigning space
- Proven team leadership, management and interpersonal skills, including strong cross-cultural understanding and a commitment to diversity
- Strong relationship building and networking skills with a proven track record in partnership development and innovation
- Strategic thinking and communications skills
- Solid planning and organisational skills, including managing deadlines and time-sensitive situations
- A commitment to ActionAid Australia’s vision, mission and values
- A high degree of initiative and self-drive
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you can make a difference and be part of the organisation’s success, please email your application to [email protected]onaid.org, attaching a copy of your resume and a cover letter highlighting how you meet the above selection criteria. A detailed position description will be available from the ActionAid Australia website.
Applications close on 14 January 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer, and is always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one. Secondment from other ActionAid offices will be considered.