Position: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Position Type: FULL TIME (with option of part-time)
Salary: $75,000+ depending on experience
ActionAid Australia is a women’s rights organisation, working to advance the rights of women living in poverty in communities around the world. ActionAid works in more than 45 countries.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role is responsible for ensuring that programme finances are efficiently managed and that donor funds are used properly and in accordance with ActionAid policies and procedures. This will involve working closely with ActionAid Australia’s programme team, liaising with ActionAid’s country offices where projects are being implemented, and managing monthly financial reconciliation, budgeting and reporting processes.
The position plays a key part of the Operations & Compliance team, supporting in the delivery of the monthly management accounts, the annual budgets and financial statements. A key focus will be to look for opportunities to continue to strengthen and streamline financial systems and reporting processes, ensuring compliance with ActionAid’s financial management systems, policies and procedures and the requirements of donors.
As the ideal candidate for the role, you need:
- Relevant accounting or equivalent tertiary qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in an audit, management accounting or programme accounting role
- Experience using Sun Systems
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- An analytical and inquisitive mindset with proven experience in working with teams to strengthen and improve processes and create efficiencies
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills with the ability to build respectful relationships across the organisation and with partners overseas
- A commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission and values, including women’s rights
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and cross-cultural understanding.
- Experience and understanding of institutional donor requirements
Other Desirable Skills & Competencies:
- Experience of working in multiple currencies
- Experience of working in the not for profit sector
- Experience and understanding of DFAT compliance requirements
- Experience using PowerBI
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the skills and competencies listed above to [email protected]. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 14 May 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer, and is always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one. Secondment from other ActionAid offices will be considered.