Full-Time – $65,000-$70,000 (depending on experience) plus superannuation and other benefits, including FBT, salary packaging and a flexible working environment.
ActionAid Australia is a women’s right organisation, working to advance the rights of women living in poverty in communities around the world. ActionAid works in more than 45 countries. ActionAid Australia’s offices are based in Surry Hills, a 5 minute walk from Central Station.
Reporting to the Finance and Program Compliance Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring that programme finances are efficiently managed and that donor funds are used properly and in accordance with ActionAid policies and procedures. This will involve working closely with ActionAid Australia’s programme team, providing support to ActionAid’s country programs where projects are being implemented, and to manage monthly financial reconciliation, budgeting and reporting processes.
The position is also responsible for playing a key part of the Operations & Compliance team, supporting in the delivery of the monthly management accounts, the annual budgets and financial statements. A key focus will be to look for opportunities to strengthen and streamline financial systems and reporting processes, ensuring compliance with ActionAid’s financial management systems and procedures and the requirements of donors.
As the ideal candidate for the role, you need:
- Relevant accounting or equivalent tertiary qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in an audit, management accounting or programme accounting role
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- An analytical and inquisitive mindset with proven experience in streamlining and systematising processes and working with teams to lead resultant change management
- Strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships with ActionAid finance teams as well as the finance and programme teams in ActionAid Australia
- A commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission and values, including women’s rights
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and cross-cultural understanding.
- Experience and understanding of institutional donor requirements (preferably DFAT priorities and requirements), including experience of the DFAT accreditation process is desirable though not essential.
Other Desirable Skills & Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Sun Systems
- Experience of working in multiple currencies
- Experience of working in the not for profit sector
- Experience and understanding of institutional donor requirements
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you can make a difference and be part of the organisation’s success, please email your application to [email protected], attaching a copy of your resume and responses to the selection criteria above. You can find a detailed position description attached here: Management Accountant PD
Applications close on 29 January 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. ActionAid Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one. Secondment from other ActionAid offices will be considered.