Outreach Support Volunteer
Part-time – Remote Internship (work from home)
6 month minimum engagement
Are you passionate about women’s rights? Are you a people person who enjoys working with different communities? Do you enjoy getting to know new people and building relationships? Then apply to be an Outreach Support Volunteer with ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid Australia is a women’s right organisation, working to advance the rights of women living in poverty in communities in 45 countries around the world. We work on issues such as climate justice, economic justice and women’s rights in emergencies.
About this position:
Outreach Support Volunteers play a crucial role in growing ActionAid Australia’s community of activists. With a focus on recruitment and retention, Outreach Support Volunteers build the power of the network to campaign for global gender equality.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Collaborating with local ActionAid Groups to create a recruitment strategy to grow the activist network
- Researching opportunities to develop local ActionAid Groups.
- Creating a work plan to ensure project deadlines have been met and delegating work.
- Supporting Group Coordinators in relational organising and intentional conversations through trainings and resources.
- Drafting and editing Terms of References.
- Uploading available group positions for recruitment.
- Managing volunteering inquiries in a central database and updating the ActionNetwork database.
- Assisting in outreach activities such as calling prospective volunteers.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A personable, people-oriented nature.
- A demonstrated commitment and passion for women’s rights.
- Experience in a role working with a wide range of people.
- Computer literacy and confident in using phone and email systems.
- Respect for ActionAid’s independence and an ability to work within this ethos.
- Passion for social justice and the role that everyday people can play to achieve a fairer and more equitable world.
- Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
This position is available 1 day per week, ideally for 6+ months. Opportunity to work remotely or from our Sydney office in Surry Hills if based in NSW.
How to apply
Please email Community Organiser, Shay, your resume and a cover letter highlighting how you meet the selection criteria to [email protected] with the subject line: Outreach Support Volunteer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications close Friday 16 April.
ActionAid Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.