Are you passionate about advancing women’s rights and climate justice in the Pacific?
ActionAid Australia is seeking a dynamic Pacific Program Coordinator to join its Programs team as well as support an exciting new partnership with the Global Fund for Women. This newly created role coordinates the secretariat for the Shifting the Power Coalition which supports diverse Pacific women’s leadership in responding to climate change, disasters and health emergencies. It will also work with the Global Fund for Women in the USA to develop its movement-led approach to support Pacific Climate Justice Movements. The role aims to promote best practice in feminist grantmaking and includes coordination of oversight committees, streamlined grant making and reporting processes and supporting partner compliance with core policies and standards. If you are interested in a role that requires initiative and innovative thinking, and creates long-term, transformative impact for Pacific women, we’d love to hear from you.
Position: PACIFIC PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Position Type: FULL TIME
Salary: $68,000 to $77,000 p.a. plus superannuation and other benefits, including FBT, salary packaging, generous leave provisions and a flexible working environment
ActionAid Australia is part of a federation working in 45 countries to advance women’s rights and end poverty and injustice. It supports women on the frontlines of injustice overseas and campaigns in Australia to advance climate and economic justice for women, working to shift government policy and corporate practice that undermines the rights of people living in poverty.
ActionAid Australia’s office is based in Surry Hills, a 5 minute walk from Central Station in Sydney.
The Pacific Program Coordinator will provide secretariat support and coordination for the “Shifting the Power Coalition” in the Pacific; ensure quality grant management of all donor-funded StPC projects including timely project documentation, monitoring, reporting and compliance as well as information management through ActionAid’s contract management system; and support the design and implementation of grant making, reporting and collective decision-making processes that are participatory and streamlined in support of feminist and women’s rights organisations and movements in the Pacific.
As the ideal candidate for the role, you need:
- A commitment to ActionAid’s and Global Fund for Women’s vision, mission and values
- A passion and commitment to women’s rights, gender justice and intersectional feminism
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in development and/or another relevant areas
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience of program management experience, ideally in a development or humanitarian context
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Strong administration, finance, information management and coordination skills with attention to detail and the ability to adhere to standards
- Excellent cross-cultural skills and the ability to build strong, collaborative interpersonal relationships with partners and other key stakeholders
- Ability to listen and learn from partners, and to support capacity strengthening of civil society partners in an empowering way
- Facilitation, consensus building, and conflict resolution skills to support collective decision making
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision and under pressure to meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and flexibility
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A high level of computer competency and comfortable with the use of Zoom, Skype and preferably Microsoft Teams
It is desirable that you have:
- Knowledge of the ACFID Code of Conduct and DFAT compliance requirements
- Experience working in the Pacific or from a Pacific Island background
- Experience working with, or within, a feminist organization
How to apply:
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you can make a difference and be part of the organisation’s success, please email your application to [email protected] attaching a copy of your resume and a cover letter highlighting how you meet the above selection criteria. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 12 November 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer, and is always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one. Secondment from other ActionAid offices will be considered.