Policy and Research Manager
Full-Time (part-time considered) – $77,000 plus superannuation and other benefits, including FBT, salary packaging and a flexible working environment.
ActionAid Australia is a women’s rights organisation, working to advance the rights of women living in poverty in communities around the world. ActionAid works in more than 45 countries.
The Policy and Research Manager is responsible for driving a strategic program of policy development and research publication to drive forward ActionAid Australia’s priorities of economic justice and climate justice for women, and their rights in emergencies. This role sits within ActionAid Australia’s Campaign & Policy team and will lead the organisation to conduct and leverage research and policy that furthers campaign aims.
Key objectives of the role include:
- Lead on policy analysis and the development of policy positions and briefs for key stakeholders.
- Conduct and commission strategic research pieces to support AAA campaigns and program priorities, including managing key relationships with researchers, working with members of the AA Federation and civil society alliances.
- Coordinate engagement in policy-making processes in line with AAA’s strategic priorities, such as submissions, hearings, consultations, etc.
Skills and competencies required:
- Passionate about women’s rights and social justice with previous experience working on climate justice and/or economic justice.
- Previous experience in policy analysis, development and writing, preferably using feminist analysis.
- Experience conducting research and developing research briefs.
- Experience managing others to undertake policy analysis and research, including external researchers
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including experience writing and editing policy, advocacy or research reports for publication and representing policy position to external audiences.
- Ability to be flexible and work within a small, collaborative team, and cross-functionally as well.
- A strong commitment to AA Australia’s values and human rights based approaches to development
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- A high degree of initiative and self-drive.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you can make a difference and be part of the organisation’s success, please email your application to [email protected], attaching a copy of your resume and a cover letter highlighting how you meet the above selection criteria. You can find a detailed position description attached here: Policy and Research Manager PD
Applications close on 31 January 2020.
ActionAid Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one. Secondment from other ActionAid offices will be considered.