Position Title: Program Development Coordinator
Reports to: Head of Global Engagement
Position Type: Part-time, 3 days a week Maternity Cover for 10 months
Salary range: $33,185 – $37,336 plus superannuation and fringe benefits
Date Issued: 16 July 2020
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Program Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the growth of ActionAid Australia’s (AAA) Institutional donor funded projects. This role identifies, secures, coordinates and optimises institutional funding opportunities and supports other fundraising and program development efforts. This role sits within the Global Engagement Team and works closely with program and fundraising colleagues in Australia and globally.
Key objectives of the role include:
- Proactively undertakes donor scoping and monitoring research and identifies institutional donor opportunities to maintain and progress a pipeline of funding opportunities.
- Leads the coordination and development of high-quality concepts and proposals for institutional donors, working collaboratively with the Global Engagement Team and other relevant colleagues. Ensures projects are designed in line with ActionAid’s feminist Human Rights-Based Approach (HRBA) and comply with the ACFID Code of Conduct and AAA’s Program Manual and policies.
This role will undertake other tasks as required to support the growth of program funding.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Institutional fundraising in coordination with colleagues:
- Advise ActionAid country programs and partners on new funding opportunities and work with partners and AAA colleagues to design quality projects that align with these opportunities
- Keep institutional funding plan updated to support the work of AAA and the federation in line with AAA strategic objectives and specific funding priorities
- Identify funding opportunities within DFAT, UN and other institutional donors to support the work of AAA and partners (ActionAid country programs and Shifting the Power Coalition)
- Analyse and appraise concept notes and donor proposals in line with ActionAid Australia’s rights-based approach and donor relevance in close collaboration with program colleagues
- Other tasks as required
Coordination and development of high-quality concepts and proposals in coordination with colleagues:
- Coordinate the design, drafting and /or editing of proposals from ActionAid partners (country offices and Shifting the Power Coalition members) for submission to institutional donors
- Ensure that proposals meet a consistently high standard of quality in line with ActionAid Australia’s program handbook and HRBA, and align with donor guidelines and priorities
- Support the inception of new projects as required
- Map out proactive opportunities to show case AAA’s work to position for funding
- Identify and pursue potential partnerships that can enhance success and effectiveness of project proposals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A commitment to ActionAid’s vision, purpose and values
- 3 years’ experience in international development
- Experience in the design and management of projects
- Experience in institutional fundraising and an understanding of DFAT requirements
- Commitment to feminist principles and approaches in development and humanitarian action
- Research, analytical and strategic thinking ability
- Strong conceptual skills and the ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with country staff and/or partners where new projects are being developed
- Proven ability to work in teams and autonomously and make decisions
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, flexibility and cross-cultural understanding
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the proven ability to articulate complex issues in a compelling and persuasive manner both in writing and in person
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent
View the full position description here. Program Development Coordinator – July 2020
For any questions about the position, please contact Stav Zotalis at [email protected].
Apply for this position by emailing your Cover Letter and Resume (maximum of 6 pages) to [email protected] by COB Thursday 6 August 2020.