Do you have a talent for media, public relations and communications and a passion for women’s rights?
Is “action in your DNA?”
Following our recent brand refresh we are looking for a strategic and creative thinker to help us raise our profile and brand awareness to inspire and engage the Australian public. Join our team and help us ensure the voices of women living in poverty around the world are heard through our public campaigns, events and storytelling.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing and communications professional to drive our communications and media work as part of our ambitious strategy to empower 100,000 women living in poverty and build a movement of Australians that care for people and planet.
Position: Public Engagement Manager
Position Type: FULL TIME
Salary: $90,000-$100,000 plus superannuation, FBT, salary packaging and flexible working
ActionAid Australia is a global women’s rights organisation that empowers women on the frontlines of injustice to mobilise and transform their communities.
ActionAid works in more than 45 countries. ActionAid Australia’s offices are based in Surry Hills, a 5 minute walk from Central Station.
The Public Engagement Manager is responsible for driving ActionAid Australia’s media and public engagement strategies to raise the organisation’s profile and brand awareness with the Australian public and key stakeholders. The role is responsible for managing the development and execution of innovative campaigns and events working together with Programs, Fundraising, and Campaign and Policy teams.
The role includes responsibility for the organisation’s owned communications channels (website, social media, and offline channels); the production of high quality content that promotes the organisation’s work and priorities; reactive and proactive media work; and the management of public relations initiatives.
As the ideal candidate for the role, you need:
- A commitment to ActionAid Australia’s vision, purpose and values.
- A strong understanding of and commitment to women’s rights and feminist values.
- A degree in a communications, PR, marketing or a relevant discipline.
- At least 7-8 years’ experience working in media and communications, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in PR and profile raising
- Exceptional written communication skills and ability to create engaging, high-quality content for all channels.
- Strategic thinking capability and ability to innovate
- Well-developed editorial and proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Experience managing staff members and building dynamic teams
- Demonstrated experience in using a range of digital channels to engage people and inspire them to take actions.
- A high degree of initiative, creativity and self-drive, with proven ability to collaborate
How to apply:
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you can make a difference and be part of the organisation’s success, please email your application to [email protected] attaching a copy of your resume and a cover letter highlighting how you meet the above selection criteria. A detailed position description has also been attached to this advertisement. Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 30 November 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer, and is always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply. ActionAid follows COVID safe work protocols and as part of our duty of care to staff, we require all employees working from our Sydney office to be fully vaccinated unless they have a medical exemption.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one.