State Coordinator (voluntary) – South Australia and Queensland
Purpose of volunteer role
The State Coordinator works closely with the ActionAid Campaigns Team and the broader activist network. State Coordinators support 1-2 ActionAid local groups and their respective volunteers to organise and campaign to achieve impact in their communities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Working with ActionAid staff to manage 1-2 local ActionAid volunteer groups within your respective state.
- Liaising between staff and groups through regular check-ins (at least twice a month).
- Supporting local groups to set objectives, create plans and organise actions within a limited budget that are strategic and contribute to campaigns.
- Holding local groups accountable to their set objectives, plans, and actions.
- Reporting back quarterly on how groups are tracking.
- Participating in monthly National Leadership Team meetings (held online).
- Supporting the development of leaders in communities.
- Recruiting new leaders to the network.
- Facilitating trainings with local groups.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A time commitment of at least six months or ideally a year, up to four hours a week including online monthly National Leadership Team meetings.
- A passion for community organising and building people power in communities across Australia.
- A demonstrated commitment and passion for women’s rights; and adherence to the principles of feminist leadership.
- Some experience in people management.
- Computer literacy and ability to use phone and email systems.
- Respect for ActionAid’s independence and an ability to work within this ethos.
- Passion for social justice and the role that everyday people can play to achieve a fairer and more equitable world.
What we will provide
- Ongoing training and skill up opportunities to grow your organising skills including feminist leadership.
- The chance to connect with ActionAid supporters and staff in Australia.
- Connection with an international movement of supporters who believe in women’s rights and social justice.
- The chance to contribute to the development of the grassroots strategy for ActionAid Australia.
- The chance to contribute to impactful campaigns through supporting our activist network.
How to apply
Please email Campaigns and Policy Coordinator, Siri at [email protected], with your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role. Applications close on February 26th.
Women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities are encouraged to apply.