More than 700,000 people are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance after fleeing violence in Myanmar to seek safety in Bangladesh. With the arrival of the monsoon season, now even more lives are at risk. Make a tax-deductible donation today!
ACTIONAID’S RESPONSE SO FAR:
ActionAid are on the ground in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, with a full-scale humanitarian response that is reaching over 70,000 Rohingya refugees.
- Working closely with women-led committees in the camps, we’ve reached over 40,000 people with food packages and distributed over 13,000 hygiene kits.
- We’ve provided 10,000 people with safe drinking water from 20 wells and built 52 latrines for 6,500 people.
- In addition, 2,000 women and children have access to 20 bathing spaces, and nearly 11,000 women and girls have received information and support in our Women’s Safe Spaces.
- Now, with the arrival of the monsoon season, we’re using sand bags and fencing to stabilize areas that are vulnerable to landslides and improving drainage systems.
- We’re helping people in landslide and flood-prone areas of the camp move to better accommodation, as well as implementing a plan to distribute shelter-strengthening materials. We’re also training a network of volunteers in cyclone and flood response, and raising awareness so the community is aware of the risks.