Women in Vanuatu are rising up to face a double crisis.
On April 6th, category 5 Cyclone Harold landed in Vanuatu and devastated the Northern islands of Espiritu Santo and Malekula, among others. Now 160,000 people are rebuilding their lives, while also facing the spread of coronavirus.
In this webinar you’ll hear from our inspiring team of women on the ground about these efforts amidst the emergency response. Flora, Anne and Linda are mobilising rapidly to engage women from cyclone affected areas in determining priorities for the response effort – for many of these women, it is the first time they have been consulted and engaged in decision making.
- Kristina Stefanova – the Arise Leadership Circle Chair
- Sally Garis – Arise Leadership Circle Member
- Michelle Higelin – ActionAid Australia Executive Director
- Carol Angir – ActionAid Australia Program Manager
- Flora Vano – ActionAid Vanuatu Country Program Manager
- Anne Pakoa – Technical Advisor and Founder Vanuatu Young Women For Change
- Linda Kenni – Project Officer, ActionAid Vanuatu.